How can we manage diseases in poultry farming?
- Diseases are the primary risk to poultry farming as there would be a severe loss to the farmers due to the spread of the poultry diseases.
- The best way to prevent the disease is to raise the birds in a clean and healthy environment with a good care on the food provided to the birds.
- For this to be done, the cleaning of shelters should be done on a regular basis.
- Even the water containers and the food containers should be cleaned on a daily basis.
- Perfect measures should be taken to make sure that the contaminated food is not mixed with the regular food provided to the birds in the poultry.
- Poultry birds should always be monitored in terms of health. Even a minor symptom should be pointed and vaccination schedules should be followed.
- If there is any detection of minor infection, then the farmers should separate the diseased bird from the normal birds immediately. Even the normal birds have to be checked to ensure that there is no spread of the infection among birds.