How do I start a small dairy farm?
Simple tips to start a small dairy farm are:
- Research the species and get the best breeds for the farm.
- Always have a good feed source arranged for the animals before setting up the farm.
- Outline a breeding plan for the animals.
- Get clear understanding of the farming practices.
- Invest wisely for the facilities of the farm.
- Always buy dairy animals from a trusted source.
- It is good to have thorough knowledge of the local milk market.
- Contact the government for permissions and other requirements.
- Control the spread of diseases in the farm.
- Provide good feed for the animals.
- Milk the animals timely.
- Change the herd during certain intervals of time.
- Draw a clear business plan before implementing it.