How should animals be taken care of in organic farming?
In organic farming, animals and their welfare are the most important factors to keep in mind
- Animals in organic farming should not be confined to a specific space. This restricts them in being in their natural way.
- Animals should be kept in an open space where they can move and graze happily. But Bt proper care should be taken to make sure that the crops are not damaged by the animals.
- Food which you provide to the animals in your organic farm should also be grown organically.
- Livestock breeds you choose should be the ones which are suitable to the climate you live. Local breeds would be helpful.
- If the love stock is healthy and is able to resist any diseases, then they give good yields to the farmers.