What are the advantages and disadvantages of broiler farming?
Advantages of Broiler farming:
- The Rearing period of the broilers will last up to a maximum of 6 weeks. Due to this, the returns on the investments would be quick.
- There is no need for high initial investment. These farms can be started small and depending on the demand, these can be expanded further.
- Broilers have a very good feed conversion efficiency. Broilers gain good weight with a very less feed which is advantageous in terms of costs of feed.
- As there is a great demand for poultry meat in the market, there is no chance of losses in this business.
Disadvantages of Broiler farming:
- Broilers are usually reared in cages which causes them cage weakness and suffocation due to lack of air.
- Broilers have more chances of occurrence of diseases like fatty liver syndrome, leg problems, etc.
- As these birds are raised in cages, they will be prone to diseases and flu easily.