What are the advantages of crop rotation?
The general pattern of following a seasonal calendar for planting crops is now being termed as crop rotation and the possible advantages of this technique as:
- Improves soil fertility by increasing the nutrient and organic content in the soil.
- Provides proper nourishment and increases crop yield.
- Replenishes nutrients into the soil.
- Reduces soil erosion.
- Reduces the concentration of pests and diseases.
- Decreases the impact of weeds.
- Improves the physical structure of the soil.
- Reduces the pollution caused by fertilizers.