What are the characteristics of a good substrate in hydroponic gardening?
- The substrate must be made of particles which are no larger than 7mm and no smaller than 2mm.
- It should be capable of moisture maintenance and draining of liquid which is excess.
- The material must not decompose easily.
- It should not hold micro organisms which are hazardous to human or plant health.
- It should not be contaminated with the residual waste which came from the industries.
- It should be available always.
- It should be portable.